Thursday, September 1, 2011

Interlude Thursday: First new draft.

OK people I have my first new draft of my dating profile. I don't know how I feel about it, and because I know how awesome my readers are I'm going to get you to criticize it... again. I suck at this, and selling Jesus door to door was easier.

-----------------------------------------------

Me
I'm not your average guy.

I have a dark, twisted and sarcastic sense of humor.
I like using expletives to express my deeper feelings... like nausea and hunger.

I have a wide and varied taste in just about everything.
-Be it food; I love breakfast, lunch and dinner. (I make a good spinach stuffed chicken with red pepper sauce)
-Wine, red, white or rose, all good but I prefer a good Pinot Noir.
-Beer, anything but the cheap stuff, "Innis and Gunn" would be at the top of the list though.
-Theater, if I can watch it I will; strippers, Mozart, musicals, Shakespeare, or Cineplex. (I'm going to combine all of those one day and it will be epic)
The trend carries through sports, books, television, music or conversation.

I love to laugh. I'll laugh at just about anything; whether it is knock knock jokes or a stand up comedian.

I love adventure, whether it is skydiving, rock climbing, road trips, travel or just a night out on the town or trip to the park that turns into something more.

I've had a pretty interesting life so far, and it isn't over yet. I'm looking for someone to join me on my adventures. I need a Chewbacca for my Han Solo... that is a terrible metaphor. How about a Cleopatra for my Anthony? Wait, that doesn't end well for them. Screw it I need some jelly for my peanut butter. Mmm pb&j sandwhiches...

My favorite things
Laughing till I can't breathe
Sharing Chocolate truffles
The feeling I get in my stomach on roller coasters or when I'm up really high.
Reading and writing.
Having someone special fall asleep in my arms

Favorite quote: "In a universe so full of wonder and amazing things, humans have managed to invent boredom." Terry Pratchett as DEATH.

If you're interested in getting to know me a little more feel free to send me a message.

---------------------------------------

Again do your worst or I'm going to have to bust out the more "unfortunate" looking woman I'll be forced to date.

10 comments:

  1. Much better! Star Wars reference was appropriate, not a Luke/Leia incest faux pas. And the pbj line was Homer Simpson-esque. Well done! ~Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anything, you're going to end up with a hairy Eastern European woman saying "So I hear you want a chewbacca??"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two things I see are that you should reorder the theatre line so that "strippers" isn't the first thing, and maybe add in some third thing to the "what you'll laugh at" line. Something like "a skateboarder missing a trick and breaking his nose on the ground" or something.

    And the Chewbacca line had me laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the pb&j analogy. (or maybe I just like pb&j?)

    anyway... I'll keep my fingers crossed you start attracting the normal POF folk. Rumour has it there are a few out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Maxwell, I thought the same when you said strippers first of all!
    The chewbacca part was funny and that got me laughing!
    I could pick out a couple of things but that is just being picky! It is good and I can see more NTH this time too : )

    Not easy is it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with listing strippers first. It just shows you are in tune with your desires...A natural part of being human! Just don't combine strippers with chewbacca!

    And now I have a sudden craving for pb&j!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the specific reference to movies, historic figures, quotes, beer are good. Also, if not specific, the items that show off a sense of humor definitely add to it.

    To be honest, I don't think the other aspects do you justice. Only found it recently but may be spoiled through the blog.

    If it feels like it could be transposed to any other profile, then I'd probably change it a bit cuz you tend to write a lot of good sh*t. That's my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the changes. I hope they work for you and bring you some better results. You did great at the edit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like a pretty good dating profile to me. Of course, I don't have the right to evaluate, since MY dating profile would mostly be along the lines of:

    "Hi, I'm Jessica, and I like guys with abs."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to get around to commenting on this. I totally don't agree with everyone on the photos (#24 is my favourite, by a mile), so I may not be representing the majority in my comments, and I'm English, and we tend towards understatement, but with those caveats in place:

    I wouldn't put 'I'm not your average guy' - that should be implied in what you write afterwards, there shouldn't be any need to state it outright.

    I would describe your SOH as 'twisted and sarcastic' but not dark. Dark puts me off.

    I agree with Maxwell's comments on the next two paras. I also agree with the others that the para with Chewbacca etc in it is good.

    I like the 'my favourite things' section.

    I like the Pratchett quote, but personally I wouldn't attribute it (or mention death at this point). You could end with a 'and if you know who said that, or you'd like to find out, then msg me...'

    Anyway, those are my thoughts, for what they're worth...

    ReplyDelete

My frail ego requires validation.