Friday, July 22, 2011

Novel Friday: Unrighteous Dominion, Chapter 8.

That's right today is my novel pimp my self out day. I feel dirty for doing it, but sometimes being dirty can be fun.

Up next is Chapter 8, I introduce some new characters. The police force side of the conflict that is just starting to come to fruition. 

I'm going to honest and say that this is probably my least favorite part of what I've written so far. I don't like it and it will need to be re-written. However, in the mean time have a read and give me some tips.

You can find the chapters here.

I'll be back to my usual Hung over Monday post after the weekend. 

Later Days,
NTH.

Ps. Welcome new followers, I've grown a little in the last couple weeks. I love to see you guys here. I hope you are entertained, not offended, and comment lots. It's like crystal meth for me. 

3 comments:

  1. Ugly? You don't like the pitch black on fiery underworld backdrop?

    Anyways, I'll give you a tip to help you out. The writing is good, but the form is inconsistent and throws me off a little. Here's what I mean -- you start with 2 very descriptive narrative paragraphs that set up everything, and then jump into almost solid dialogue with very little description peppered in.

    For consistency, I might add some dialogue or a more 'up close' perspective of what happened at the beginning when everything was getting blown up, or, I'd add some more description to the dialogue heavy area that follows. Or both.

    Just a tip. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. Like I said this is my least favorite part of my writing I've done on this book. I wrote this probably 5 years ago.

    That seems to be a problem I have with the book so far, I'll go forever without writing then start up again and there will be subtle changes in my writing style that drive me nuts.

    When I get it all done I'll be doing a rewrite to make it flow better and have a consistent writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hero, you know we love it when you are a dirty pimp....

    *ahem*

    thanks for the new chapter, and see you Monday for your foggy hang over :)

    The sun finally came out in Victoria and I am looking forward to a few cold ciders on a hot patio this evening...

    Kelly @ My Joy Project
    http://myjoyproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

My frail ego requires validation.