Thursday, July 7, 2011

The next ten days!

The next ten days could be interesting.

I'm not going to lie and say that I haven't been posting to build tension because well I don't think that would work. No I haven't been posting much lately because my life has sorta fallen into a repetitive cycle.

I've been working, which is awesome. I'm so excited still to be doing what I took in school. I'm glad I was as good of student as I was, because if I wasn't I'm sure I'd have been fired after the first week. We are so fast paced.

I mentioned in my last post that time is flying by, and it is. They say time flies when you're having fun. I'm thoroughly enjoying life at the moment.

I know work only takes up around eight and a half hours. So what have I been doing when I'm not at work?

Sitting in traffic for another 2 hours.
Needless to say sitting in traffic for an hour on my way to work, and an hour on my way home doesn't make for some all inspiring blog material. Unless of course you like to hear about bad drivers and road rage. Then I'd have a story for you every day!

When I get home from work I usually eat dinner then go for a jog or to the park and throw around the Frisbee. Then go to bed.

There is a reason I've been living the quiet life. There is something happening here for the next 10 days. 

It's been described as:
The greatest outdoor show on earth. 
Cowboys, booze and sluts!
Like Halloween but everyone wore the same bad cowboy costume. 
A ten day bender.
Best excuse for summer debauchery. 
Country music and animal abuse. 

You get the idea. The origins of the stampede were based around a rodeo. Then the midway joined. Then the booze. It eventually evolved into this party that pretty much shuts down the city for a week. 

It officially starts tomorrow with the parade. I don't really understand parades. Never ever have a I once watched a parade and went, "Wow what a good parade, I really enjoyed that." Instead I get to the route early to get good seats and find out that I wasn't quite early enough. So I end up either sitting in a shitty location or just standing behind someone short. Then about 10 min before the parade starts I'm already sick of being there. The parade starts and shockingly enough it is people walking and cars moving slowly. 

There is one thing that is going to be new tomorrow. 

Some royal twits.
The newly wed Royals are actually Canada's guests (Read: paid for by tax payers) for a while. They are going to be here in Calgary for the stampede parade and I think the first couple of days of the event. I honestly don't know because I don't care. 

The rest of the stampede is filled with weird foods, rides, concerts, booze, women, cowboys and horses. I like the first 5 of those things so the next ten days could be packed with good stories. 

I however am going to be broke as fuck by next payday. 

Wish me Luck. Oh and tell me about any festivals that your town has and if you've ever actually been to Calgary for the Stampede. 

Later Days.

3 comments:

  1. I have heard that traffic in Calgary does suck.

    Glad you are enjoying your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made it to the Stampede. I do own a cowboy hat however... a black one that makes me look like a complete moron. Do you think I could still experience Stampede without a Stetson? It's only one province and a sweet road trip away after all....

    Kelly @ http://myjoyproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fun. It also sounds very much like Feria in Spain. Which I have been to, once.

    Hope you have fun and get a few good stories for us.

    ReplyDelete

My frail ego requires validation.