Monday, May 30, 2011

Lacking in Muchness

Happy Monday to everyone.

Yesterday here in Calgary was Lilac Festival. The entire time I've lived here I've never been to it, so I decided this would be the year. It was nice and sunny, first time in over a week.

It was pretty much what I expected. A ridiculous amount of people crammed into one street lined with street vendors and buskers.

Kinda looked like this.

Or something like this.


I know you can't see it but there is roughly around 100k people surrounding me. I felt crowded so we left. 

We went and got one of these.

It's called a bubble. (and that is Vegas)

What the fuck is a "Bubble" you might ask. Well I'm glad you asked because I was going to tell you anyway. It is a bubble of beer. It looks like a gum-ball machine that was retrofitted to distribute large amounts of beer and that is pretty much what it is. 

After spending the afternoon in the sun and drinking beer I felt pretty good. Completely forgot about my conversation with my mother. Then I went home.

My sisters are both sick. So they asked if I would go grocery shopping. I said yes, of course, went out of my way to help out. Cancelled my evenings plans and went shopping. No biggy right.

Shopping went fine. I got almost everything on the list. I forgot the kale. 

This apparently was the end of the world. I didn't hear my sister when she said I had to go to a specific grocery store to get it because our usual one was sold out. So I went to the usual one. I didn't get the kale because I didn't think it was a big deal. I was wrong. 

(Oh and I forgot to change the water cooler before I left)

This evolved into both my sisters saying that I am unreliable, that I never do anything for them. Yet I picked them up the day before, the weekend before and just got home from doing one of their turns of grocery shopping. I've been trying to help out around the house more. But apparently I don't have any empathy, I just don't care. 

I never ask my sisters for anything. I am fairly independent. I mean yea we all live together so there is a bit of financial reliance on each other, but for the most part I look after myself. 

By the time the fight was over I flat out said "Fine, what do you want? Me to move out." Which to me seems like a really good idea at this point. They said they were close, but all they wanted was for me to try harder to show that I care. They never show they fucking care. However, I being a mature adult said "Yes I will try harder" 

I'm getting closer and closer to just saying fuck it to my family.

2 comments:

  1. No better way of telling your family to fuck it than after having a bubble of beer.

    That sounds like I'm kidding, but I really do want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Beer: The bubble is awesome, the rest of the pub kinda sucks other than that though.

    @Elliot: I live with my sisters because the majority of the time it just makes life easier. They are actually the best room mates I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete

My frail ego requires validation.