Thursday, October 4, 2012

Post Date Blinks: I think it went well.

I have no idea what to nickname her. She was absolutely gorgeous. Her eyes caught my attention... constantly.  She seemed a little bit awkward at first but as the conversation flowed she got better. It didn't take long, maybe five minutes.

The date was supposed to be today, but she wanted to move it to yesterday. I was fine with that because I have plans later this evening but was going to cram in the date anyway. We were supposed to meet up for gelato, but last minute she upgraded to dinner. We agreed on sushi.

The sushi was delicious the conversation was better. We laughed a lot. I have no way to describe it other then it just seemed to flow well. So well in fact that we sat at the restaurant long after we were done eating. I suggested we go for dessert. The gelato place was too far to walk so we went around the corner to this nice little coffee place. Where she ordered cider and I had a coffee. (dumb move on my part because I couldn't sleep at all last night) We also agreed on sharing a dessert. Which ended up having coconut in it so she ended up getting dessert. That's ok, I'm watching my figure. Again conversation flowed so well that we lost track of time. What was supposed to be a dinner date turned into three and half hours of good times.

We made loose plans to hang out again on Monday. I'm an airhead though and forgot that this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving and I have dinner plans out of town. Fuck. I was just so excited to see her again that I completely forgot.

I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to send her a message. I did though because seven a.m. is a little early for messages. I sent her a message this morning and haven't got a reply back yet and my brain went into overdrive over analyzing everything. Did I talk too much? I tend to do that. Did I come on too strong? I may be overcompensating for the avoidance issue. Did we not have enough in common? And a million other questions. The fact I'm doing this means I actually like her. I'm, for once, wanting more and am terrified I won't get it.

Then something else clicked into my head. She told me that she searched for the quote that is on my dating profile. The one about boredom. Well, if she googled it and my blog came up as a result, what if she found this. She still agreed to go out with me even knowing that I may be the author of this blog, she may know more about me than most of my close friends and family. I don't know how to feel about this. Strangely, if she is ok with me after reading my blog then, wow. If I'm just a curiosity, then it's harsh. I honestly have no reason to believe that she found this blog other than my strange, cynical, worst case scenario mind jumping to conclusions. She's probably just busy at work.

Later Days,
Hero.

Ps. As I finished writing this she responded. Tragedy averted, at least for now.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome date! Hope it continues and Happy Early Canadian Thanksgiving :)Thanks for sharing the happy story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that feeling, the wonderful feeling of wanting to make contact...then the anguish of "will she or won't she?" and then the relief of "Hell yes she did!!" Or in my case, same thing but all he instead of she..you know what I'm saying.
    I kind of have that thing going on right now with my med student guy...and I like it! It's nice to be excited about someone again huh?
    I hope that she is an awesome girl with the best of intentions for investing in you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried to "like" Random Girl's comment. I need to get off facebook. O_o

    ReplyDelete

My frail ego requires validation.