Friday, October 19, 2012

For Fucks Sake: Clarification.

I should clarify something. Token pointed out that I should stop reading dating columns. Honestly I read them because they are funny. I'll read anything. Today I read all about the ingredients on the hand soap in my office bathroom. I also read about a penguin that happened to be knighted and is a member of the norwegian royal guard. He is called Colonel-in-Chief Sir Nils Olav. Hilarious.

I was also told that I'm trying too hard to find love. Honestly if I didn't try it just wouldn't happen. I wouldn't notice when a girl is hitting on me. I wouldn't ask anyone out. Nothing. I'd eventually get a cat... or thirty. I think it is different for men and women. Women are told the best way to find love is to not try. This doesn't work for men with the double standard that the man has to be the one that asks out the woman. I could be as sexy as all hell and hang out in all the grocery stores and never get a date. Unless it's with the security guard. So yes, I have to try and no it isn't all I do. I do have a job, and hobbies. They just don't make all that interesting blog material.

This is work, unless you're interested in how you get your gas, this is pretty boring.
As for my situation with Chase, I post about my doubts and insecurities. It helps me sort out my thoughts and stops me from over thinking everything all the fucking time. I know we are only at the get to know you phase and everything is going according to plan. Slightly slower than I'd like but we're both grown ups and have a busy schedule so a date a week seems to be all we have time for. It also keeps things slow and allows us to get used to the idea of each other. We are having a lot of fun and I'm not all that worried about it. If I didn't post anything though my blog would be even more of a ghost town than it has become. Seriously, where'd all my readers go?


This is relevant to the intro of my last post. I loved it. 

Anyway, all is well. Happy Friday everyone.

Later Days,
Hero.


PS. I started writing another book. Silly I know because the first one isn't done but meh, it's fun. 
Here's the link. Class One Order



3 comments:

  1. Aw hun, It's not about not trying at all! Trying is something you absolutely should do! It's just about letting things happen as they will (which believe me, is an issue I struggle with CONSTANTLY).

    Honestly it sounds like you're doing great.

    If you really need advice on your girl though, and this is a wildly crazy notion, the one you should ask, is her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would stop by my blog and return the favor! ;-)

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still here. We don't comment all the time, but we're here.

    Also, I think that's BS when someone says you're trying too hard to find love. "Just let it find you" is idealistic crap, especially when you're a guy. Yeah, how many girls just come up to you and ask you out during your day? Like you said, that kind of thing just doesn't happen if you're a guy.

    ReplyDelete

My frail ego requires validation.