Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Well isn't this awkward?

I feel like the host of a party that dissapeared for three hours to go have nooky in the hall closet only to come out and find that the party has died down and now I'm drunk all by myself.

Now that I'm drunk and dancing in my underwear making sure to not step in the puke someone left over by my page counter I'm going to tell no one in particular about whats been going on. If I do it loud enough maybe people will come back and join my party.

When I last posted I was currently dating two different women. Well, I'm still kind of dating one of them, the CLR. How can you kind of date someone, Hero? You can't just play with a woman's emotions like that. You're such an asshole. Shut up! I get that enough from the female friends I have in real life.  


You are kinda dating someone when there is no future, no real bond, and it is just something that is fun and passes the time. Why bother dating then? I call it dating because "Fucking" isn't a word I can use to explain to my mother what is going on, especially in the middle of a Toys R Us. To be honest, we aren't just fucking, we get drunk too.

However over the last two weeks this has pretty much stopped too. I've been helping Vegas out a bit. He got hired, by the same company I work for, as a welder. Well the welders start at 6 am whereas I don't start till 8am. He doesn't drive so I've been giving him a ride to work everyday. I don't mind, it's given me a chance to actually get caught up on work. Which means I actually have time to blog. The downside of this is I now wake up at 5 am, which puts me to bed roughly around 9-10 pm. Between rock climbing, playing in my ultimate Frisbee league and eating dinner I don't have a whole lot of time for much else.

Some of you may be wondering what happened with the other girl, the Artist. That one just fizzled. I would liken it to a bottle of 7-up. After you open it and it's still ice cold you have that first sip and the carbonation and fresh taste feels so good, but after about an hour the pop is flat and all you taste is syrup that is way too sweet and makes you feel like you'll catch diabetes.

I think that is part of the problem with both of these women. They are younger than me, not just in age, but in spirit. They like to go out for drinks 3-4 nights a week and get smammered drunk every chance they get. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a good bender every once in a while as I've demonstrated before, but I have a career and because of that certain other things take priority. Namely, sleep.

This arrangement with Vegas is only temporary. Soon he'll have his own car and I can go back to working at 8 am. When this happens I think I may actually pay for a dating site membership and then we'll see where that takes us. In the mean time I have been working on a post about dating that I'll try and get up in the next couple of days.

Later Days,
NtH

3 comments:

  1. It's kind of interesting how much more structured your life is and "time" you have available when busy isn't it?

    I always felt the most productive when busy since no time was wasted. Anyway, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your soda analogy. I so totally get it! I have two mediocre situations right now that I'm just kind of on cruise control with because nothing good will come long term from either most likely...sigh...

    ReplyDelete

My frail ego requires validation.